Saturday, December 4, 2010

At work last night...

K: So all week long at work (I'm a manager at the local grocery store), I've been hearing people talk about the premiere of the new Twilight movie. (Yes, I know they have specific names such as "New Moon," "Ecplise," and "Breaking Jacob's Heart," er, I mean, "Breaking Dawn," but understand I'm not being ignorant by calling them all "Twilight," because I have read the books and I did see the movies.) Anyway, enough of that tangent...

Well, for some reason, I was under the impression that Breaking Dawn was coming into theaters at midnight last night. All week long I was looking forward to a slow and relaxed night of work thinking that the majority of our late-night shoppers (college students) would be at the movie theater here in Rexburg or in Idaho Falls. So I get to work last night, and our store director called me over to give me the low down/procedure for the movie that just came out on video. I was confused at first but realized he was saying that Breaking Dawn wasn't coming out last night, rather, Eclipse was coming out on video. He told me that it was illegal to sell the movie before midnight (12:00 a.m. saturday morning) so we were to keep the store opn for an extra 10-15 minutes to accomodate all the twilight die-hards out there. So here I thought that we'd be able to lock the store at midnight like usual and quickly finish closing everything up and be home really fast. I was irritated when I found out we'd probably be there much much later. He said that he anticipated 100 people coming to buy the movie and that we should just line them up and let them come to one cash register.

As the night wore on, several twilight jokes were expressed and the movie was largely mocked by my fellow employees. I did my share of mocking as well.

As midnight was nearing, the other manager and I went and grabbed the DVD's and began putting them on the displays in the store along with signs that read: "Do not touch until midnight." At 11:55 pm, we noticed there were three people "camped out" next to one of the displays. I was wondering if it was going to be Black Friday all over again! Well, at midnight, the other manager got on the intercom and said, "It is now midnight and you can all grab yourselves Eclipse on DVD. We've got a hot deal for you of $17.99, which is as hot as Jacob taking his shirt off." hahahahaha It was so funny!

Well, to make a long story a teensy bit longer, we ended up selling 9 DVD's last night! hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment