Thursday, May 2, 2013

32 week news

A:
My 32 week doctors appointment has proven to be interesting and provide some anxiety for the following weeks. Because Lace came early and was so unexpected, my midwife suggested an ultra-sound to see how long my cervix is. Well, not particularly looking forward to that experience again and especially anxious to hear the results I dropped Lace off at "school" and met Kav at the doctors.

After a prolonged wait, as always, they finally did the ultra sound and the doctor finally came in. First thing I hear is that he wants to give me a steroid shot to help the babies lungs, and other organs to develop faster. He proceeds to tell me that at this point in pregnancy the cervix is usually around 4 cm long, mine is 1 cm. That is exactly what I feared. So after discussing potential side effects I received a rather painful shot. I could feel the liquid going into my hip and it made me leg twitch a little. I will have to return tomorrow to receive one more shot and that will be all. However I can't help but be anxious and a little worried at how soon the baby could come. I was expecting at least another month but the way the doctor was talking she could come  in 3 weeks, he said she probably wouldn't come in the next 2 weeks but wanted me to have the shot just in case so I'm not entirely convinced.

I suppose in situations like this all one can do is pray that all will be well; the baby will come when it is time for her to come, I only hope that times doesn't come sooner than June.

With 5 women I know having thier babies this month and another expecting hers the middle of this month I have been excited and even expressed how I would like the baby to come earlier than the due date. Although not so early that she has to stay in the hospital when I come home. I don't want the nurses to rush her off the to NICU 5 seconds after handing her to me. I want to enjoy the time with my new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment